Highlights of the 2012-2013 Crop
- Change of the ETH Bioenergia brand name to Odebrecht Agroindustrial, according to the guidelines of the Odebrecht Organization.
- Conclusion of the E+ Project, which brings together various management modules on an Oracle platform, and represents agility in operations, corporate security, process optimization and transparency. R$60 million was invested in the project.
- Completion of the construction and start of operations of the sugar plant in the Conquista do Pontal unit (São Paulo Cluster), producing 167.5 thousand tons during the crop year.
- Definition of the scope and approval by the Board of Directors of the Eldorado unit (Mato Grosso do Sul Cluster) expansion project, with an investment to the order of R$858 million by 2017, in order to triple the sugarcane milling capacity from 2 million to 6 million tons per year.
- Improvements in the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) indicators, including a reduction in the accident frequency rate from 1.7 to 1.5 accidents per million man-hours worked.
- Team stabilization, with a reduction of almost 50% in the turnover rate during the crop year, from 47.4% to 25.3%.
- Investments in technological innovation for the development of industrial yeasts, with accumulated earnings of approximately R$46 million in the last two crop years.
- First ethanol supply agreement signed with BR Distribuidora.
- Export of 137 thousand cubic meters of certified ethanol to the United States, representing almost 10% of the Company’s production volume.
- Bonsucro certification for two units – Alcídia (SP cluster) and Rio Claro (GO cluster) – and renewal of the certification for the Conquista do Pontal unit (SP cluster).